Monday, October 11, 2010

The Church Sign Song



Auburn zoology grad students Christina Schmidt and Sean Graham (collectively, "Olin Howlin"), along with professor Craig Guyer, greatly entertained the Gopher Tortoise Council at our annual meeting this past weekend. A highlight was Christina and Sean's performance of this original composition, featuring the infamous W.S. Newell I-65 sign (previously featured on this blog), which is the only sign shown that is not actually in front of a church. I did the best I could capturing it on my Droid, but I missed a little of the beginning. Great job, Christina and Sean!

Sean tells me they adopted the name Olin Howlin from a 1930s to 50s-era movie actor.

This is my excuse to share one I photographed just down the road from here. I had to wonder how the appropriation of an old Budweiser slogan went over with some in the congregation. Then again, I suppose those most likely to take exception would be least likely to get the reference.


Feel free to use in your next version, Christina and Sean...

No comments: