Monday, May 5, 2008

Roads are Gettin' Slippy in Wiggins Mississippi

It rained in south Mississippi yesterday, and the dirt roads are still muddy. And Wiggins is where I am at this moment, 200 miles from home near Wing Alabama, and this is the first entry for a blog I envision as being about my various adventures and observations exploring the backwoods and traveling the back roads of Alabama, Mississippi, the Florida Panhandle, and such. This thing will evolve with time, assuming it gets traction. I don't expect to pick up many readers beyond immediate family and friends (if that), but we'll see where it goes.

I'm here at the De Soto National Forest most of the week to wrap up a survey begun last summer for the gopher tortoise, a federally protected species of some note. More on gophers later...

No comments: